1/2 cup Paras moong daal (yellow lentils)
1/2 cup Paras basmati rice
1.5 tbsp butter oil (desi ghee)
1/2 tsp Paras cumin whole
1 pinch asafoetida powder (haldi powder)
1/4 tsp Paras turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Paras garam masala
Salt as required
12 minutes preparation time
1) Heat 1.5 tbsp desi ghee in a pressure cooker. Add the cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds splutter before you continue.
2) Add the lentils and rice and 4 cups of water to the pressure cooker.
3) Mix in the asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt.
4) Close the lid of your pressure cooker and boil on a medium to high flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
5) Open the lid, add garam masala and top with some desi ghee.
5) Serve with curd and pickles
If you want to know more about the Indian cuisine and its aromatic spices, visit our tips & tricks page.
Tips & Tricks